Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas and a couple of other pictures thrown as well =)

So, it has been forever since I have blogged. November and December have flown by and taken Thanksgiving and Christmas with them. So, before New Years Eve has come and gone and I am facing 2009, I figured I would post a quick update and a whole bunch of pictures. To be honest the memory card is getting full on my camera, but that is a whole different issue =)

Everyone is doing well here. Except for a case of the flu that kept Brandon down for about a week, we have been blessed with good health. Brandon is making the transition to his new school better than any of us could have hoped for. He seems to be thriving in the multi-categorical classroom setting. The twins passed their Isteps with flying colors. Though I have to say I don't remember them being nearly such a big deal when I was a kid. Though I guess that has been a few years. Alyssa is as ornery as ever. She loved every minute of the Christmas holidays. It was truly a joy to watch her open her presents. She was so excited about every single present. From the stocking stuffers that my mother in law had so lovingly wrapped (every single one), or the pony that my sister in law gifted her with, even the clothes. She loved everything. So, that is the update part, now for pictures.


In November the twins had their very first slumber party. There were four girls that were invited. They all had such a good time, and it was not nearly the chaos that I had envisioned upon issuing the invitations =)









The first item on the agenda was dinner. Thanks to Pizza Hut, the girls were very well fed.
The twin's birthday had come and gone, but due to circumstances they were not at home for their birthday party. So all of their friends were very generous and brought them birthday presents.










Here the girls are working on the craft project part of the agenda. Each girl made a vase to take home with them. It was easy and fun.

























Here is one of the gal's that stayed all night. The girl's were glad that everyone they invited could come, but they were especially glad that Maddy could make it =)










That was the slumber party. We ate pizza, did a craft, watched movies, and everyone was asleep by 11:30. It was great fun, and the girls are already begging to do it again.

In November, we had a couple of days that were really warm. Go figure. Brandon, Alyssa and I had some fun on the trampoline, with the leaves that never got raked, oops =)
























Brandon making muscles.




























There was a trip to Grandma's house. Grandpa was nice enough to drive us down to visit. Even though it's only an 1 1/2 away, I really hate the drive.









Yet another trip to Indianapolis. We are happy to report that Brandon is recovering very well from his heart surgery.











A very old and dear friend of mine came for dinner with her husband and beautiful baby boy. Don't kill me Michelle, it's not that bad of a picture =)










And, finally Christmas. I have a ton of pictures but the picture portion of the blogger is not really cooperating with me. So I am just going to post three pictures for tonight and call it good.


Here are the 4 kids. Brandon is getting ready to go do Christmas with his Dad, thats the explanation for the coat and hat and such.











Here are my folks with the kids. We tried to get Uncle Aric to sit in on the picture but no luck. Maybe next Christmas =)











One of James and I with the kids.












Okay so that is my blog for the months of November and December =) I would promise that I will be blogging more in the new year, but the new expansion to World of Warcraft came out, and so I am making no promises.

No comments: