Saturday, July 26, 2008

Talent Show


Well, one good thing came out of my dryer being on the fritz. An impromptu talent show put on by my three girls and their friend Madeline. The laundry hanging on my makeshift clothesline provided the perfect backdrop for this entertaining talent show. My digital camera is supposed to have a video option, but I couldn't figure it out. So pictures will have to do =)
Here is the magnificent Madeline and her baton. I think she is a cheerleader in the making, just like her mom =)











Here are Kasey and Alyssa, for the dancing part of the program. In case you are wondering, the blanket wrapped around Kasey is the train of her "dress".










This is Kinsey singing. She wrote a beautiful song.

When you're feeling alone, don't sit watching TV. Go outside, look at the clouds, you will think of God. God will take your gloomy thoughts away. Just sing to God like I am doing right now. I love you all so very much.

Not bad for a 9 year old. Of course, I am slightly prejudiced =)




Kinsey's song prompted a cloud dance. The blanket is now being used to represent a cloud. (That's Kasey underneath the blanket.)











Here is Alyssa, dancing by herself. The really sad thing is, her entire outfit belongs to her sisters. She's 2 and they are 9. No safety pins or belts necessary.










It was a great talent show. I admit, when my dryer started overheating, I was pretty peeved. It was amazing to see the girls take something that I found irritating, and turn it into something pretty neat. I guess that is one of the reasons God blesses us with kids, is to remind us of the little things that we can find joy in.

Lisa

1 comment:

shannon fay said...

loved this! thank you so much for saving the day =) our kids are pretty spectacular; I have to agree, and Kinsey's song was amazing....go ahead and tell me you didn't tear up, just a little....I can't wait to see you!
-shannon