Monday, July 14, 2008

Update

I can't believe it is Monday already. Brandon is doing really well. He spent an extra night in the ICU, but it was just precautionary, and everything is good. We moved to the heart center yesterday about 10. They removed his arterial line yesterday, as well as his catheter. Today his IF was removed and his chest tube. We are down to one IV line, YEAH!! We are currently in the lounge where Brandon is happily playing Incredible Hulk on the PS2. It is what he has been anxiously awaiting since he came out of surgery. It is the first thing he said to be when he started to come out of the anethesia, "I want to play a game" =) Daddy surprised him with a Nintendo DS, which he was excited about, but Daddy also bought him Incredible Hulk and so that is the one he has been waiting to play. Though, I am betting that the DS is going to come in handy on the three hour drive home, which the Dr. is saying could happen as early as tomorrow. I am not sure how I feel about that, kinda mixed feelings. I am ready to take him home, but not sure I am ready to take him home this soon. James and I are off to find some lunch. The patio is actually open today. I was surprised how the hospital became a ghost town over the weekend. Most of the food vendors were closed and even the gift shops were closed. It's Monday though, so everythings hopping. Thanks again for all the prayers. I truly believe that it's through God that this experience has been what it has.

Lisa

No comments: